From EUR 129
During this 12-hour private tour, you will explore Prahova Valley - one of the most spectacular areas of Romania. The trip promises a thorough introduction to the region as your local guide takes you to unmissable spots - including Peles, the most beautiful castle of Romania, the legendary Bran castle and the idyllic city of Brasov in southern Transylvania.
The tour will start at 8 am when the guide will meet you at your location in Bucharest. Then, you will leave Bucharest heading north towards the Carpathian Mountains and Transylvania.
The first stop is Sinaia, a beautiful mountain resort, where you will visit Peleş Royal Castle - the former residence of the Romanian Royal Family.
Continue the day with a scenic drive through the Carpathian Mountains and, in about 1 hour, arrive at Bran where you will visit Bran medieval castle, also known as Dracula’s castle.
Before heading back to Bucharest, you will remain in Transylvania and stop for a short time in Braşov, a typical medieval city. You will stop in the Council Square and start a short walking tour in the Old Town. You will learn more about the story of the Saxons in Transylvania, admire the impressive and well-preserved architecture, see the Black Church (symbolic building of the city – view from outside) and discover which is the second narrowest street in Europe, the Rope Street.
Note: During the summer time (May-September), the second stop will be in Braşov and the last one will be in Bran.
Operating days: daily (Peleş Castle is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays in February and March 2020 and on Monday for the rest of the year). During these days Cantacuzino Castle will be visited instead).
- Transportation by A/C car or minibus
- Pick-up/drop-off at your hotel
- English speaking guide services
- Entrance fees (around 100 lei/person)
- Lunch (around 50 lei per person - there will be a stop for lunch and you can eat by yourself or together with the group).
- Peles Castle is closed on Monday and Tuesdays in February and March 2020. For the rest of the year, it is only closed on Mondays. During these days, Cantacuzino Castle will be visited instead.
- During the official holidays and weekends, the traffic to the mountain area might be busier than usual so the return could be later than scheduled (around 9 -10 pm).
- Please note that the time table is subjected to changed due to heavy city traffic and road works.
TravelMaker, as the company which organizes the trip, is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.
During the summer time (May to September), the second stop will be in Brașov and the last one in Bran.
Peleș castle, erected between 1873 and 1914, has been the summer residence of the Romanian Royal family and it is the most visited museum in Romania.
Bran castle (14th century) has been serving for ages as a military fortress controlling the entry route to Transylvania and it is nowadays frequently associated with the myth of Dracula.
Brașov is one of the most beautiful towns in Southern Transylvania.